You may decide to find roommates to share your housing.
This is a great way to save money and make new friends. If you decide to share an apartment, make sure to meet your possible roommates before committing to anything, to make sure you get along and can trust each other.
When you share your housing, you should make sure that everyone understands financial and other responsibilities. Consider making a written agreement about costs and any other important issues. Consider the following:
- How much does each person pay for additional expenses like electricity and Internet?
- How do you feel about having guests in the apartment?
- How do you feel about drinking and smoking in the apartment?
- Are there any things or areas in the apartment that are private?
- How should grocery expenses be handled?
- Are you messy or neat?
- What should we do about keeping the apartment clean?